On November 18, 2010 I came home from running errands. Simple stuff—car wash, haircut. I was out for no more than two hours. When I walked in the power supply in my office was beeping, but the lights were on. I walked down to find the office trashed. [caption id="attachment_1446" align="alignnone" width="570" caption="No. I don't actually keep my office this way."][/caption]
They got, well, mostly everything: Two MacBook Pros, two cinema displays, some external drives. But the worst thing is that they got my loaded up camera bag—I'd just been on two location shoots that day. I hadn't had time to download the images off the card yet. That day's work would be the first in several irreplaceable things taken. They got the MacPro as far as the patio before the 40-plus pounds of aluminum and four hard drives made them give up on it. It's got a cool scar on the case from the experience. I'd call it a conversation piece but it usually lives under my desk. Not many conversations down there.
We're still digging out close to 48 hours later. I'm going to post a list below. I'll update as we get it organized. Where I've had them I've listed serial numbers.
Anyhow, for those of you in the Raleigh area if you would be kind enough to take a look and keep an eye out. I know it's all a long shot, but it's better than no shot. And who knows, maybe this will inspire some of you to do Christmas shopping in your local pawn shop.
Like I said, better than no shot.
This is mostly business stuff and doesn't include personal things that were taken. Like a box full of wedding memorabilia. Some of Laura's jewelry. AMy brother's watch. The simple enjoyment of being in your home.
What wasn't taken? My friends and family whose support (and offers to help) over the last 48 hours has been tremendous. So thanks to you, our friends and family.
As for the people who broke in? I sincerely hope that their legs grow together.
The following was in my ThinkTank Photo Retrospective 30 Camera Bag, Black:
- Canon 5D Mark II Camera s/n 0320213513
- Really Right Stuff B5D2-L: L-plate for Canon 5D Mark II
- LumaLoop Camera Strap
- Canon 16–35/2.8L s/n 193390
- Canon 50/1.2L s/n 1241365
- Canon 25–105/4L s/n 01320190
- Canon 77mm UV Haze
- Canon Speedlite 580EX II Flash for Canon EOS Digital SLR Cameras
- PocketWizard MiniTT Transmitter for Canon s/n 1CU119025
- PocketWizard FlexTT5 Transceiver for Canon s/n 5CU119668
- Canon LP-E6 Battery - OEM - for Canon 5D Mk II
- ThinkTank Pixel Pocket Rocket
- Tamrac S.A.S. MXS536801 Memory and Battery Management Wallet 4
- Sanyo Eneloop 8 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries
- 2 Lexar 16 GB Professional 330x UDMA Compact Flash Cards
- 2 8 GB Compact Flash Cards
- 2 4 GB Compact Flash Cards
- Polaroid CZA-10011B PoGo Instant Mobile Printer (Black)
- Polaroid Black Carrying Case for PoGo Instant Mobile Printer
- Lumiquest Promax System
- Lumiquest LQ-121 Fxtra 8 Gel Filter Set With Storage Pouch and Holder
- LumiQuest Cinch Strap
The following stuff (and more) was in my Maxpedition Messenger Bag:
- Incase Nylon Sleeve with Handles 15, Black
- Panasonic Lumix GF-1 Camera, Black s/n FV9LB101016
- Panasonic LUMIX G 20mm f/1.7 Aspherical Lens s/n BR9KB027072
- Panasonic H-FS014045PP 14-45mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS Micro Four Thirds Lens s/n B002IKLJV4
- Panasonic DMW-BLB13 Battery for Panasonic G1 Digital SLR Cameras
- Casio EX-FC150 Camera, Black s/n 31002305A
- Pelican 0910-010-110 Secure Digital Memory Card Case
- SanDisk Ultra 16 GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Memory Card
- SanDisk Ultra II - Flash memory card - 8 GB - Class 4 - SDHC
- Kingston 4 GB SDHC Class 2 Flash Memory Card SD2/4G
- Apple Magic Mouse
The following stuff is what I've cataloged as stolen from the office.
- Apple MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB/500GB s/n W89234ZM644
- Apple MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.33 Ghz Core 2 Duo 2GB/500GB
- 23" Apple Cinema Display s/n 2A74012YXMN
- 23" Apple Cinema Display s/n 2A7321BCXMN
- Canon PowerShot G9 12.1MP Digital Camera with 6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom
- Really Right Stuff L-plate for Canon G7 and G9
- Canon HV20 3MP High Definition MiniDV Camcorder with 10x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom
- 2 Sony DCRHC30 MiniDV Digital Handycam Camcorder w/10x Optical Zoom
- Apple Universal Dock
- Apple USB Keyboard
- Griffin Technology PowerMate USB Controller